Telangana Rc.No. Kalautsav/RMSA/TS/2015 Dt. 30-09-2015 TS RMSA implementation of Kala Utsav program as per the orders of the goi to promote arts in education by nurturing and showcasing the artistic talent of school students at the Secondary stage in the country
Kala Utsav Programme National State District Level Competition in Secondary School students 2015-16
- D.O.letter.No.2-5/2015-EE-3, dated.23-9-2015 of Smt.Rina Roy, Additional Secretary to GoI, MHRD, New Delhi along with guidelines.
- U.O.Note.No.Spl/149/A/TE/TSCERT/2015, dated.1-9-2015 of the Director, TSSCERT, Hyderabad.
The attention of all the District Educational Officers in the state invited to the references read above and informed that, the GoI, MHRD, New Delhi has intimated that the GoI has launched the program called “Kala Utsav” the aim of the program is to promote arts in education by nurturing and showcasing the artistic talent of school students at the Secondary stage in the country and the GoI had also informed that Kala Utsav would be celebrated each year demonstrating every State’s culture and tradition which would be theme based as follows and there shall be only one entry from each area of art from each State for the Kala Utsav at National Level under following themes, areas and eligibility :
Theme of Kala Ushav :
- The theme for Kal Utsav this year will be “ Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao”.
- The style/method of Kal Utsav 2015 is “living Traditions of Art”. (Living Tradition of Art are tribal, folk and Traditional arts of different regions).
Areas of Art for Kala Utsav:
- Visual Arts (Drawing, Painting , Sculpture, Craft)
Teams for Kala Utsav:
- Music 6-10 Students
- Dance 8-10 students
- Theatre 8-12 students
- Visual Arts 4-6 students
Awards at National –Level Kala Utsav:
- First Prize Rs 1,25,000/- each
- Second Prize Rs 75,000/- each
- Third Prize Rs 50,000/- each
Eligibility for Kala Utsav:Teams of students from classes 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th of any Govt and Aided schools / collages. Visual Arts Visual Arts State shall select the best teams for participating at the National Level and GoI had suggested as follows :
District Level : This is first level of Kala Utsav, where all schools can send their entries.(If appropriate and convenient, the State may opt to have Kala Utsav at block or tehsil level).State Level : Selected teams from District level will participating at this level.
National Level : This is the final and culminating level of Kala Utsav where best of the State/ UT entries will showcase their talent e- Proforma for submitting entries:
State level entries : 17-11-2015
National Level Entries : 20-11-2015
Kala Utsav at the National Level:
- National Level Kala Utsav shall be organized from 8 to 10 December 2015 at National Bal Bhavan, New Delhi .
- The national level Awards function shall be held at Siri Fort Auditorium on 11th December , 2015.
- The celebration of arts (with award winning entries at National Level in the Central Park (Connaught Place) shall be organized on 12th December , 2015 for the General public.
Special role of the State secretary (Education):All the four entries the State / UT shall be seen and approved by the State / UT secretary before they are submitted for the National Level.
After 20th November 2015:
- Provide information by 21st November 2015 regarding number of participants and teachers who will attend national level Kala Utsav from our State.
- NCERT shall arrange accommodation.
- Booking of tickets should be done well in advanced T.A of students and teachers/ shall be reimbursed by NCERT.