AP GO 966 Dt. 12-10-2015 Panchayat Secretaries Appointment of regular Government Employees as Panchayat Secretaries on deputation basis
Andra Pradesh Penchant Raj & Rural Development (MDL.I) Department G.O.Rt.No.966 ,Dated:12.10.2015
- G.O.(P).No.10, Fin.& Plng. (FW.F.R.II) Dept., dt.22.1.1993.
- G.O.Rt.No.700, PR&RD(MDL.II) Dept., dt.27.4.2002.
- From the Commissioner, PR&RE, AP., Hyd., Lr.No.122/ CPR&RE/B1/2007, dt.12.5.2015.
2. In his letter 3rd read above, the Commissioner, Panchayat Raj & Rural Development, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad, has stated that there are 7163 Gram Panchayat clusters in the State. But there are 2500 vacancies of the Panchayat Secretaries. Much difficulty is being experienced in the Gram Panchayat Administration. He has therefore requested the Government to accord permission for appointment of the regular Government employees as Panchayat Secretaries on deputation basis.
3. Government after careful examination of the matter in detail, hereby order to appoint regular employees .
Government employees as Panchayat Secretaries in Panchayat Raj Department on deputation basis with the following conditions.
- Such appointments on redeployment / deputation shall be treated as Inter departmental deputation for Government employees.
- He/She must be a graduate in a recognized University with basic Computer knowledge.
- The District level Committee headed by the District Collector will select eligible candidates after taking willingness and submit the selected list to the Commissioner, Panchayat Raj & Rural Development, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad for approval.
- The selected candidates shall be trained in Extension Training Centers (ETC) for a period of 4 weeks in phases and postings will be given to those who have passed the examination conducted by the respective Extension Training Centers.
- They shall be posted as Panchayat Secretary in other than their native Mandals.
- Their Promotional channels will be as they stand now in their Parent departments and they will have the option to revert to their parent departments on promotion.
- Their pay will be protected
- Regular Government Employees are only eligible for exercising their option to work as Panchayat Secretary on deputation basis. Employees of Government Corporations/ Undertakings/Societies or part time employees are not eligible for redeployment as Panchayat Secretaries.
- They are governed by the conditions stipulated in G.O.(P) No.10, Finance & Planning (FR.II) Department, dt.22.1.1993 in so far as they relate to their terms of deputation.