Regional English Language office Scholarship Program for Online Courses for English Teaching Professionals 2015 Lt. Dt. 19-10-2015
Last Date of submitting applications : 19-10-2015
Recruitment - Candidates for this scholarship must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be highly motivated English teachers or ELT teacher trainers who are dedicated both to their own professional development and to sharing the knowledge gained with colleagues through workshops or professional presentations.
- Have the level of English necessary for a typical university-level course at American universities.
- Have regular and dependable access to the Internet.
- Be willing to commit up to 12 hours/week throughout the 8-10 week courses to complete necessary assignments.
- Have a good familiarity with the Internet and web browsers.
- Be able to type in English well enough to perform on-line tasks in real-time and to submit written assignments in a timely manner.
Course Content - The course will include:
- Downloadable or posted syllabi, assignments, and course readings.
- Asynchronous and some synchronous contact between instructor and participants, between other experts and participants, and among participants.
- Lectures via real-time, text, or audio-enhanced text.
- Use of an online bulletin board to post notes, assignments, and feedback.
- Information on additional web-based resources.
- Emphasis on a learner-centered approach.
- Formative and summative assessment components.
Scholarships Course Dates :
- Teaching Grammar Communicatively: 16-11- 2015 to 05-02-2016
- Critical Thinking Skills into the Exploration of Culture in an EFL Setting: 16-11- 2015 to 05-02-2016
- Critical Thinking in Language Learning and Teaching: 16-11- 2015 to 22-02-2016
Course Fees Details :The scholarships offered by the U.S. Embassy, New Delhi, will cover all course fees. Please note that the scholarship does not cover the cost of computer purchase /rental or Internet service fees.
Participants who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate from the university.