TS G.O.14 Post-Matric Scholarships Sanctioned to Category A Seats of Medical and Dental Courses 2015-16
TS/ Telangana GO.MS.No.14 Dt. 27-07-2015 Post-Matric Scholarships Sanctioned to UG Medical and Dental Professional Courses for 2015-16 in respect of ‘A’ Category seats only in Govt. and Private Un-aided Non-Minority and Minority Professional Institutions
Government have issued detailed instructions for streamlining the Post-Matric scholarships and ordered that the PMS Scheme will also be applicable to the “B” Category only in respect of SC and ST students”.
2.Government of Telangana have issued orders that Post Matric Scholarship Scheme shall be continued for the academic year 2014-15 vide instructions issued earlier, subject to the condition that scholarship shall be made available only to the local students of Telangana envisaged under the presidential order. The students shall furnish the details of educational records of the last seven consecutive years ending with the year of the qualifying examination for the course of study.
3. In the reference 3rd & 6th read above, the Health, Medical & Family Welfare Department have issued orders for allotment of seats & authority for admission etc., duly amending the Andhra Pradesh Un-aided Non-Minority & Minority Professional Institutions (Regulations of Admissions into Under Graduate Medical and Dental Professional Courses) Rules 2007 issued in G.O.Ms.No.136, HM & FW (E1) Department, Dated: 30-04-2007 & G.O.Ms.No.272, HM & FW (E1) Department, Dated:10.07.2006 respectively.
4. In the reference 4th & 7th read above, the Health, Medical & Family Welfare Department have issued orders for the fee structure to under Graduate Medical and Dental Professional courses in the Private Un-aided Non-Minority & Minority, Medical / Dental Professional Institutions in the Telangana State for the academic year 2015-16 respectively.
5. In the reference 5th read above, the Principal Secretary to Government, Higher Education Department, Government of Telangana, has requested to issue detailed guidelines on Post Metric Scholarships (PMS) Scheme for the academic year 2015-16. As the bifurcation of the State, separate CET Examinations were conducted in the State of Telangana.
6. Hither to the seats under the “B” Category were a part of the management quota but were being filled up by the convenor of EAMCET for medical and dental colleges based on the EAMCET rank. As the ‘B’ & ‘C’ Category seats of under Graduates Medical and Dental Professional courses in Private Un-aided Non- Minority & Minority Professional Institutions are being filled by the managements, as a part of the management quota with effect from 2015-16, Government after detailed examination hereby order that the Fee Reimbursement shall be given only to students under the convenor quota i.e., ‘A’ Category seats in Minority and Non-Minority colleges WITH effect from 2015-16 academic year. Accordingly in partial modification of G.O Ms.No 66 (SW.Edn.2) Dated 8.9.2010 in para 4 (1) (3) shall read as under.
Amendment to para 4 of G.O Ms. No 66.SW (Edn) Dept Dated: 08.09.2015
- 4(I)(iii) For: All Students admitted by the Convenor as notified by the Government, under the Quota meant for the Convenor, shall be eligible for the PMS scheme. However, Students admitted under management quota or through spot admissions i.e., left over seats of the Convenor quota filled by managements subsequently, will not be eligible for the PMS scheme. In respect of medical Colleges, the PMS scheme will also be applicable to the “B” category only in respect of the SC and ST students.
- 4(I)(iii) Shall be Read as: All Students admitted by the Convenor as notified by the Government, under the Quota meant for the Convenor, shall be eligible for the PMS scheme. However, Students admitted under management quota or through spot admissions i.e., left over seats of the Convenor quota filled by managements subsequently, will not be eligible for the PMS scheme.
7. The Convener of EAMCET entrance examination,Telangana State, Hyderabad/ the Registrar NTR University of Health Sciences, AP, Vijayawada & The Convener of MCET–AC & MCET-AC(Minority)/the nominee of university, State and the Telangana Private Medical & Dental Colleges management Association (TPMDCMA) shall take necessary action accordingly.